Friday, March 21, 2008

Camera!

My new camera has arrived. It's a Canon PowerShot SD750 with 7.1 megapixels, which my daughter tells me is fine for what I want. Now, I can start showing more photos with my posts, as soon as I figure out how to use the thing. Here are a few beginners' shots.





Here's the fairy statue peeking out from among the oregano, verbena and evening primrose.







Sweet alyssum is growing around the rosemary at the foot of the steps.






English Thyme growing along the walkway, with it's little tag. The tags are ceramic and were made by one of the Fine Arts majors at the University. She sells them at the ceramics booth that they sponser several times a semester as a fund-raiser.







And finally, a potted Diascia sitting on the porch.









Those are all the photos I have for now. I'm going to have to wait until it's a little cooler this evening to take a few more.


On another note, my Suzy Q is back! My pretty calico kitty disappeared just before the last freeze and I was very worried about her. I'd given up hope of seeing her again and was only hoping that someone had taken her in. That's apparently what happened, because she showed up this morning, looking a bit thin and hungry, but with a pink collar that was a couple of sizes too small around her neck! I popped the collar off and she seems much happier now. She's cuddled up with one of the other cats right now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new camera...it's always fun to get one and then play with it. And I'm glad your kitty came back. Hopefully she doesn't stray again. That would be nervewracking.

Patricia said...

Thanks, Jodi. It was worrisome to have her disappear like that, but I'm glad she at least had somewhere to go. She's acting a bit skittish at the moment, but I'm sure she'll calm down again soon and be back to her normal self.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I'm so glad your kitty is back home. Enjoy your new camera.

beckie said...

Welcome to blogging! I'm sure you will enjoy the new camera. After seeing some of the pictures onte garden blogs, I have camera envy. Mine is only a year old though and will have to wait a while for a new one. Good luck with your blog, I'm sure you will find it loads of fun!

Bren Haas said...

Just had to leave you a note after visiting your blog. I love your garden thoughts and the photos of your kittens are awesome! It has inspired me to add my garden friends to my blog here at google as well.

Thanks for sharing - You are gonna love that camera!!!!