Saturday, May 3, 2008

Long Overdue Post

It's been a while since I posted; I'm afraid the second half of my semester got a bit more frantic
than I had anticipated. I've almost finished with finals, though, and I seem to have survived another semester with my GPA intact. No more classes until next fall, so I'll have a bit more time to devote to the garden and crafts. Here's hoping for a nice relaxing summer before I have kick it into gear again. Of course I still have to finish my grad program applications this summer, too.

Here are a few pictures of what's going on in my garden the past month:



The patchwork wallflowers have been blooming their little hearts out. I just love these little guys. They'll bloom from now until Christmas.






Here's another shot of the wallflowers with a Venus' Looking Glass coming up in the middle of them.






The Texas native Pink Evening Primroses, or as we used to call them, Buttercups (because of their yellow pollen) are making their annual attempt at world domination. I've got it as a volunteer in both flower beds, across the yard and throughout the ditch.


Remember the fairy statue? Can you find her in the next picture?



And here's a close-up of that native Verbena.


The rose I wasn't sure about is blooming nicely. There's a bit of a problem with powdery mildew, but nothing too terrible. I guess she's a keeper.
Kitties in the garden:




Suzy Q





Selkie






& Suzy, again.

Finally, the swallows are back for another year. There are four little nestlings huddled up in that nest. It's almost too small for the lot of them. That wasp's nest in the corner of the porch is history. Their mama and papa ate every one of them.

No comments: