Monday, March 17, 2008

A Goal Reached and a Two-fer Surprise

I reached my first weight loss goal this weekend: twenty pounds! I'm down to 200 pounds and had to go out and buy new clothes for work and school, since nothing I had that still fit was suitable. Shelli and I hit the Coldwater Creek outlet at Prime Outlets on Sunday. I can't afford to do that often, but it sure felt good to be down a full size in pants and tops!

Lady Banks had a surprise waiting for me when I got up this morning. She now has four lovely blooms -- two yellow and two white! When I looked closely, I could see that the two different colors were from two distinct tines emerging from the soil. It looks like whoever was rooting the cuttings got mixed up and rooted an "Alba" cutting or two along with the "Lutea" cuttings. Once she matures, there will be a fountaining mixture of white and yellow blooms. Another happy accident for the garden.

No comments: