Saturday, March 21, 2009

What's Blooming in Patricia's Garden?

Well, it looks like spring is finally here, save for the late March freeze we always have. I thought I'd post a few pictures of the pretties I'm finding in my garden this week.



Mom's Christmas gift bloomed very prettily for me. Everybody got either an amaryllis or paperwhites this year. She thought they were kind of cheesy, but I thought they were a perfect gift.

I'm happier with the pink iceberg this year. I think it just needed some time to develop... and maybe a little rain.


The lantana is bent on world domination once again. I forgot to prune it back in February.



Here's Sebastian. He's not quite sure about that thing I'm holding in front of my face.



The yellow half of my Lady Banks is making an appearance. Hopefully the white half will start blooming soon, as well.

The lavender continues to bloom its little heart out. Hopefully it will continue through the summer this year.

Selkie's found his favorite napping spot.

This Mexican Petunia is coming up in a sheltered spot. It somehow survived the whole winter and is blooming early.

Say "Hello" to Oreo.

The daffodil bucket hasn't produced any flowers yet this year. I'm still hopeful, though. Maybe later in March.

Hmm. Well. Yes, I waited too long for the broccoli. At least it's pretty. It also gives Chupacabra something to hide under. (How did such a pretty cat get that name? He earned it.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, kittens! Love the garden full of cats, what a great place to relax and enjoy the day.

Bren Haas said...

Hello Dear Friend in the Garden - It has been a while since I stopped by so I thought I would see how things are growing for you this year.

I love your little bunny.... is he a Netherland Dwarf? We raise those little critters here in the garden.

Happy Spring and I can't wait to stop back again soon.

beth said...

Like your moms gift and cattitude. It was nice going through your blog. Keep it up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Honestly it is challenging to come across a worthy blog worth commenting on these days, the web is really too flooded. Love this post, adore your blog. Just thought i would let you know!